Friday, May 31, 2013

Midnight in Paris

I just finished watching this movie called Midnight in Paris that was made by Woody Allen and I thought the movie was amazing. I'm still kind of hung up on in it because I thought it was gonna suck because I judged the cover too quickly. But then I gave it a chance then on I watched it. The movie was amazing. I realized a lot of things. First never judge a book by it's cover. Second midnight in Paris during the 20's was amazing. I'm not gonna spoil the movie if you haven't watched it yet. I'm just gonna quote my favorite line that hit me in the movie.

 “Maybe the present is a little unsatisfying because life is a little unsatisfying.” 

This line hit me because I was never satisfied with my generation. I've always wanted to live in the past. I wanted to live in the 60's and see and feel what was it like to love the Beatles at that time. I wanted to live in the 40's or 50's because I wanted to see how people saw Marilyn Monroe at that time when her imperfectness made her perfect. Girls these days aren't like Marilyn Monroe. Mostly every girl right now starves themselves to have that 'perfect thigh gap' and I don't understand why. Marilyn Monroe didn't have a thigh gap but she was considered the sexiest woman of her time. I also wanted to live in those days because I wanted to see Audrey Hepburn and Elizabeth films in those cinemas of that time. But unfortunately I cannot just go back in time and experience that. But don't get me wrong I love the present too but I just really wanna know how it feels like to live in those times.

With that being said I guess it is true that the present is a little unsatisfying because life is a little unsatisfying. We want to live in another generation because we think we could have a better life there because let's face it this generation I'm in it sucks. But at the end of the day each generation sucked because life can be a little unsatisfying that time too. We just have to deal with what we have been given.

No comments:

Post a Comment